Discover the deep yogic truths hidden in the teachings of Jesus
This online, interactive course is designed to give you an inspiring and in-depth understanding of Paramhansa Yogananda’s stirring interpretation of Jesus’s teachings.
Through nine structured lessons — each addressing a particular facet of Jesus’ yogic teachings through written materials, audio and video recordings, and live video broadcasts — you will make the thrilling discovery that Jesus Christ and the self-realized yogis of the East proclaimed the same eternal truths.
Study the yoga teachings of Jesus
Proof that Jesus talked about the following yogic concepts:
- Law of Karma
- Om vibration
- The Single Eye
- Kundalini and the chakras
- Yoga techniques to control the life-force (pranayama)
- How to transcend mortality
- Guru-disciple relationship
- How to reap the harvest of Self-Realization
- Christianity vs. “Churchianity”
- The historical Jesus & the Three Wise Men
- Yogananda’s guidelines for deciphering the Bible
Answers to the following questions, and more:
- What is the meaning of Jesus Christ’s “nativity”?
- Did Jesus die for our sins? Are we thereby saved by merely “believing” in him? Or is self-effort, too, needed?
- Is “eternal hell” possible?
- Was Jesus Christ a special creation? Was he the “only” Son of God?
- Did Jesus Christ incarnate several times? And, if so, who was he in previous lifetimes?
- What did Jesus mean when he said “Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life”?
- What was the star of Bethlehem?
- What does “baptism by fire” mean?
- Who is a born-again Christian?
- What does the Holy Trinity signify?
- Did Jesus resurrect himself? What is the true meaning of the second-coming of Christ?
- Can Christ be seen and communed with?
- Is there a deeper meaning behind Peter’s “keys to heaven”?
Paramhansa Yogananda’s relationship with Jesus
Paramhansa Yogananda said that one of his key commissions was to resurrect the teachings of Christianity as originally taught by Jesus, and to distinguish them from misinterpretations, sectarianism and dogma. He often called his mission “the second coming of Christ.” As a part of this mission, he wrote deep, detailed commentaries on the New Testament and the life and teachings of Jesus Christ drawn from his own inner realization and attunement.
“There is a distinction between Christianity and what I call, ‘Churchianity.’ Christianity is the original teaching of Jesus. ‘Churchianity’ is what his followers have made of that teaching. Christ was crucified once, but his teachings are being crucified all the time, in the hands of misunderstanding theologians.
“It was Jesus himself who appeared to Babaji, and asked him to send this teaching of Self-Realization to the West . . . Babaji asked me to interpret the Christian Bible and the Bhagavad Gita, or Hindu Bible, and to show that the teachings of both are basically the same. It was with this mission that I was sent to the West.
“As I was writing my commentaries on the Bible, I prayed to Jesus for confirmation: Was what I had written true to his actual meaning? Jesus Christ then appeared to me, after which the Holy Grail also appeared, touched his lips, then descended and touched my lips. Jesus declared, ‘The cup from which I drink, thou dost drink.’”—Paramhansa Yogananda
Sign up for this course and receive:
Nine in-depth lessons, based on nine different yoga topics found in the Bible, including karma, reincarnation, chakras, kundalini, the Holy Trinity, guru-disciple relationship, meditation techniques and more.
Each lesson contains:
Downloadable reading material (pdf) compiled from Paramhansa Yogananda’s and Swami Kriyananda’s writings
Video webinar with the instructor, delivered live, and recorded for offline viewing*
Life-time enrollment in the course
Bonus archived video & audio recordings of Swami Kriyananda on the yoga teachings in the Bible
Personal support from the instructor
*The live webinars will be every Wednesday 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM Pacific Time for nine weeks, beginning Wednesday, January 29 2020.
Meet Your Instructor
Brahmachari Sagar resides in the Ananda Monastery located at Ananda Village in Northern California and serves Ananda’s Online Ministry. Born into a family of kriya-yogis, Sagar read Paramhansa Yogananda’s Autobiography of a Yogi at a young age, an influence that culminated in his decision to serve Yogananda’s mission through Ananda.
Sagar led Ananda’s work in Mumbai for about five years. He has served Ananda’s work in India in several capacities: as a teacher and counselor to students, as a meditation and stress-relief workshop facilitator for corporates, and as Ananda India’s fundraising coordinator.
Prior to commencing his life of service at Ananda, Sagar was a graduate student with full scholarship at Boston University and holds advanced degrees in Engineering.
Enrich your life with the deep yoga teachings of Jesus Christ
The video webinars will be broadcast each Wednesday 5:30 to 6:30 PM Pacific Time for nine weeks, beginning Wednesday January 29, 2020.
All webinars will be recorded for offline viewing.