How to Know and Trust Your Inner Guidance
“Intuition is soul guidance, appearing naturally in man during those instants when his mind is calm. Nearly everyone has had the experience of an inexplicably correct ‘hunch,’ or has transferred his thoughts effectively to another person.” — Paramhansa Yogananda
More than just a “feeling” or a guess, true intuition is one of the most important-yet often least developed- of our human faculties. Often thought of as something vague and undefinable, many people mistakenly assume that intuition cannot be understood and developed.
- What true intuition is.
- Where it comes from.
- Attitudes necessary for developing it.
- An easy-to-understand practices and guidelines that will help you tap into intuitive guidance at will.
What You’ll Receive:
- Textbook (pdf format).
- Audio learning tracks (mp3 format).
- Video classes.
- Interactive forum.
- Introspection and journal exercises.
- Personal support (via email or telephone).
- Certificate of Completion.
Get Started with Lesson One for FREE
2) Now, with a quick burst of will power, open your eyes and gaze straight ahead. Shake off the last clinging tendrils of passivity. Affirm, “With a burst of energy I rise to greet the world!”
3) Remain in that state a few moments. Then look upward and affirm, “I awake in Thy light! I am joyful! I am free! I awake in Thy light!”
Practice alternating between these three states of consciousness, accompanying them with a corresponding shift in the position of your eyes. Gradually, you will gain the ability to control your states of consciousness at will, and choose the level of guidance you receive.
2) Wait for a response in the receiving station of intuition, the anahata or heart center. Be completely impartial, and try to feel a yes or no answer. It will become increasingly clear as you work on developing it. Sometimes that feeling will be very definite, but if it isn’t clear there are things you can do to clarify the response you’ve received. Try posing alternate solutions, and see if one feels right in your heart. Remember, the answer doesn’t come on a mental level. You can’t think yourself to it. You have to suspend thought, and get it on an intuitive level. I’ve often found that the answer will come clearly at the very end of my period of asking for guidance. Sometimes I’ll receive it days later when walking or relaxing, and not really expecting it.
3) Finally, a problem is half-solved already once it is stated clearly. In seeking guidance, form a clear mental picture of the question you have. Then hold that picture up to the superconsciousness at the point between the eyebrows. People often struggle for a long time to find the guidance they want. No time is really needed: only sufficient mental clarity and energy.
Now focus your attention on the anahata chakra, located in the area behind the physical heart. Draw your shoulder blades together several times by tensing and relaxing the area of the back behind the heart. Visualize a great sphere of light expanding outward from the area of your heart. Feel this sphere encompassing everything around you—your house, neighborhood, country, the world, and all of space.
Try to feel that everyone and everything is bathed in this light. Sit quietly and keeping your body relaxed, try to feel an actual sensation of warmth or energy in the anahata chakra.
Now bring your attention to the ajna chakra, or the point between the eyebrows. Knit your brows together several times to stimulate the energy here. Concentrate on projecting a beam of light from this point, like the light coming from the projection booth in a movie theatre.
Feel this beam moving outward through space with great power, driving away all shadows of pain and sorrow. Use your will power to send this light further and further into space. Now relax and feel a radiant center of light and energy at the point between the eyebrows.
Complete Course Outline
- Reading Assignment — Intuition for Starters, Part 1
- Writing Assignment — What is Trying to Happen Here
- Experiential — Tapping into the Superconscious Mind
- Experiential — Greater Awareness of the Chakras
- Experiential — Tuning in to Intuitive Guidance
- Lesson 1 Quiz
- Video Recording — Tuning Into Higher Guidance
- Reading Assignment — Intuition for Starters, Part 2
- Writing Assignment — Develop Courage to Act on Inner Guidance
- Writing Assignment — Guided Meditation
- Lesson 2 Quiz
- Treasures Along the Path Talk — How to Recognize & Trust Inner Guidance, Part 1
- Treasures Along the Path Talk — How to Recognize & Trust Inner Guidance, Part 2
- Writing Assignment — How to Recognize & Trust Inner Guidance
More About Course
“Intuition is the innate ability in everyone to perceive truth directly — not by reason, logic, or analysis, but by a simple knowing from within. That is the very meaning of the word “intuition”: to know, or understand from within — from one’s own self, and from the heart of whatever one is trying to understand. Intuition is the inner ability to see behind the outer forms of things to their inner essence.” — Swami Kriyananda
You will receive an email reminder seven days before your enrollment period expires. We offer enrollment extensions freely, so if you find you need more time to complete the course, you can let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.