Step 2 of 5 on the Path of Kriya Yoga
The Art and Science of Raja Yoga is the most comprehensive course on yoga and meditation offered today. It gives us the balanced and complete approach of raja yoga, which is also known as the “royal” yoga. The course is organized around seven topics-Philosophy, Meditation, Postures, Breathing, Routines, Healing Principles and Techniques, and Diet. It also includes in-depth discussions of the paths of karma, bhakti, and gyana yoga. The author, Swami Kriyananda, excels in showing the interdependence of these seemingly separate areas and how all of them, when correctly approached, further our spiritual progress.
Upcoming 3-Part Webinar Series:
Practical Applications: Becoming a Spiritual Warrior
May 24, 31, and June 7, 2017 from 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm PDT calculate your local time here
with Nayaswami Premdas and Brahmachari Jitendra
May 24, 2017 — The Battle of Life
- Are You “Awake and Ready”?
- Awareness of the Field
- The Spiritual Warrior: Self-Inquiry & Fiery Self-Control
- From the Bhagavad -Gita: “Even a Little Practice of this Inward Religion”
May 31, 2017 — Transcending the Ego
- Exploring the Chants: “Who Is In My Temple?” and “Desire, My Great Enemy”
- Freedom from the 8 Meanness of the Heart
- Banishing Dire Fears & Colossal Suffering
- Lifting You Up ~ Yogananda’s Pranayams and the Kriya Path
June 7, 2017 — Victory! Satchidananda Ever New Joy
- 8 Aspects of Spirit
- Holding to Higher Ground ~ The Guru & Devotion
- Heaven, Hell, Samadhi Bliss: Are We There Yet?
(Hint: It’s Not Where You’re At, It’s Which Way You’re Looking!)
- I Will Live in Joy!
All webinars will be recorded.
What you’ll receive in this course:
- Textbook (pdf format)
- Audio learning tracks (mp3 format)
- Digital videos
- Interactive forums
- Regular online discussion meetings with instructor
- Personal support (via email, telephone, or live chat)
- Certificate of Completion
Course consists of 14 lessons:
2 —The Paths of Yoga
3 —The Eight Stages of Self-Realization
7 —Affirmations, Part 1
8 —Affirmations, Part 2
9 —Energy and Energization
11 —The Need for a Guru
12 —The Anatomy of Yoga, Part 1
13 — The Anatomy of Yoga, Part 2
14 —The Yogic Scheme of Life