Have you ever sat to meditate and been overcome with a strong emotional state: anger, sadness, frustrations, worry, fear? Or, been so overcome by a mood that the thought of sitting to meditate seems impossible? How do we overcome this? What does Yoga teach us about transcendence? Paramhansa Yogananda’s teachings offer a wealth of information on this subject as well as tools and techniques for going beyond these strong emotional states.
This webinar series will not only help you learn to find stillness in an “emotional storm,” it will give you tools to transcend the emotions keep you bound to ego consciousness.
Part One — Patanjalis Yoga Sutra: “Yogas chitta vritti nirodha.”
(Yoga is the neutralization of the vortices of feeling)
- How strong emotion binds us to the ego.
- Yogananda’s statement, “Conditions are always neutral.”
- “Accepting what is” as a first step to lasting change.
- Going beyond likes and dislikes as a path to true happiness.
Part Two — Levels of Consciousness: Subconscious, Conscious, Superconscious.
- How to rise above intense emotion and gain a higher and broader perspective.
- Superconscious awareness and “solution consciousness.”
- Cultivating qualities of inner peace, calmness, forgiveness, kindness, and love.
- Visualizing and realizing our true potential.
In each webinar, you will be given “homework” assignments to help implement these practices. You will learn pranayama techniques and a variety of different visualizations and exercises to bring more peace and calmness into your meditation and your daily life.