We all need time for renewal and rejuvenation, especially now.
For many years, Spiritual Renewal Week has been a transforming event for truth-seekers from around the world to be inspired by the life and teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda. This is our annual opportunity to connect with long-time devotees of Yogananda, meditate with lifetime meditators, and enjoy classes from some of Ananda’s most magnetic teachers.
This program is exceptionally inspiring, and is designed for anyone seeking to be inspired by the many facets of becoming self-realized – the spiritual teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the spiritual classic Autobiography of a Yogi.
With more than 40 recorded events, we’ve co-created a worldwide event with Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi, the Spiritual Directors of Ananda and with Ananda community leaders and members worldwide, to host a spiritually dynamic, online experience.
Tambien en Español
There are moments during Spiritual Renewal Week that are so pure and perfect that you instantly know that being there is right for the body, mind, and soul.Jeff K., Madison, Wisconsin
A Week of Spiritual Rejuvenation
During this week, in world-wide online community, you will:
- More deeply understand the scope of Yogananda’s teachings and find inner answers to your deep spiritual questions and needs
- Be inspired through the sharing of personal stories by Yogananda devotees around the world to discard limiting habits and manifest your purpose in life
- Spend time online with people from around the world who share your aspirations
- Feel blessed by a tangible divine presence
No need for expensive plane tickets or trying to find available rooms! This year everyone can attend at an affordable cost.
This year’s online approach will allow for many things that haven’t been possible in previous Spiritual Renewal Weeks:
- Enhanced energy: Profound inspiration from a more diverse variety of Ananda teachers than ever before will allow you to connect with the wider range of spiritual principles, which Paramhansa Yogananda brought to the West 100 years ago.
- More programming: Your reservation gives you advanced access to over 20 pre-recorded talks created just for this event, including two very special guided meditations
- You choose your schedule: Watch the live talks at your leisure, select from the pre-taped sessions menu when you’re ready, and choose daily guided meditations and evening enrichment. Watch what you love over again as much as you like.
Not possible in person this year, but still a reality in spirit!
Celebrating 100 Years Since Paramhansa Yogananda’s Arrival in the United States
Paramhansa Yogananda’s arrival in Boston in 1920 marked the beginning of a new wave of spiritual consciousness in America and throughout the world.
His mission was one of world peace and brotherhood, as well as individual Self-realization, both of which he said could be achieved through the practice of transformative meditation techniques such as Kriya Yoga, which he referred to as “the airplane route to God.”
When he published his now famous Autobiography of a Yogi in 1946, it was soon after the close of the second World War, a conflict which he prayed would never be repeated. The book had tremendous influence and inspired spiritual leaders in the growing counter-culture movement, which blossomed over a decade later.
Through his books, teachings, and practices of meditation and yoga, Yogananda helped to usher in the sweeping increase in interest in peace, consciousness, and self-transformation. For this he is often known today as the “father of yoga in the West.”
Recorded Keynote Talks
Control Your Life Force, Control Your Destiny:
Applying the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda
Speakers: Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi
Moving Toward Soul Freedom:
Working Out Your Karma
Speakers: Nayaswamis Maria, Ananta and Asha
Success Through Yogic Principles:
The wisdom of Paramhansa Yogananda
Speakers: Atman, Nayaswamis Shivani and Padma, and Brahmachari Sagar
Techniques for Healing on All Levels
Speakers: Brahmachari Aditya MD, Tyagi Shanti MD, and Nayaswami Gyandev
Yogananda’s Tools of Raising Consciousness:
Meditation, Attunement, and Kriya Yoga
Speakers: Devalila and Nayaswamis Dharmadas, Hriman, and Anandi
Carrying Yogananda’s Mission Into the Future with a panel of speakers from the next generation of Ananda leaders
Sunday Service with Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi
Additional Talks and Activities
- Ananda Kirtan with Nayaswamis Nirmala and Dharmadas
- Q&A with Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi
- Superconscious Attunement Ceremony
- A Concert of Swami Kriyananda’s Music
- The Descent of the Ganges: Indian Mythological Storytelling with Murali Venkatrao
- Ananda World Market eZine
- Guided Meditation at the Moksha Mandir with Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi
- Guided Meditation at Seva Kutir (Assisi, Italy) with Nayaswamis Anand and Kirtani
- Guided Ananda Yoga Sadhanas
ALL the classes and talks were helpful and inspiring. I felt great love and support…Attendee of a previous Spiritual Renewal Week
Learn more about the teachers here, where each has a short bio.
Check out our schedule to know more about the offerings.
You will have lifetime access to this course.
How to Sign Up & Access the Course
- Click on the Sign Up button and complete the checkout and payment process. As part of the process, you can use an existing account or create a new one if you don’t have one already.
- To access the course after you’ve signed up, go to ananda.org, and click Log In at the site navigation on top.
- You will receive emails when a live class is about to begin, when a new resource becomes available, and when a new recording is posted.
Tambien en Español
Still Have Questions? Here’s How to Get in Touch
Reviews from Previous Spiritual Renewal Weeks