Join us to explore the increasingly accepted scientific paradigms that support and explain consciousness and spirituality. You’ll learn how the explanations of spiritual phenomena and transcendent experience given by saints, sages, and near-death experiencers—miracles, immortality, heaven, God, and transcendent awareness—are fully congruent with scientific discoveries and theories in the fields of relativity, quantum physics, medicine, M-theory, neuroscience, and quantum biology. No science background required.
- Six classes given by Joseph (Puru) Selbie
- Five interviews conducted by Joseph with leading experts and pioneers in the new paradigm of science including: Amit Goswami, Dean Radin, and Joan Borysenko.
Joseph (Puru) Selbie, presenter and interviewer, is the author of The Physics of God. He is a founding member of Ananda and dedicated meditator of over forty years. He has also been an avid follower of the unfolding new paradigm of science—with groaning bookshelves to show for it—and he is known for creating bridges of understanding between the modern evidenced-based discoveries of science and the ancient experience-based discoveries of the mystics.
Selbie is an author and active writer exploring how spirituality connects with culture and science. He has also authored, The Yugas, a factual look at India’s tradition of cyclical history, and a sci/fi fantasy series, The Protectors Diaries, inspired by the abilities of mystics. www.physicsandgod.com
- Class One with Joseph (Puru) Selbie — The Religion of Science and the Science of Religion
- Interview with Dr. Dean Radin
- Class Two with Joseph (Puru) Selbie — The Light-Show Illusion of Matter
- Interview with Dr. Amit Goswami
- Class Three with Joseph (Puru) Selbie — Where the Heavens Lie
- Interview with Dr. Joan Borysenko
- Class Four with Joseph (Puru) Selbie — Heaven is a Hologram
- Interview with Dr. Shanti Rubenstone
- Class Five with Joseph (Puru) Selbie — We Live in Two Bodies
- Interview with Dr. Peter Van Houten
- Class Six with Joseph (Puru) Selbie — We are Actors in a Cosmic Movie
- What is scientific materialism and why it’s belief system
- Significant holes in scientific materialism
- Proof of telepathy and telekinesis
- The placebo effect and instantaneous physiological change
- The intelligent observer paradox
- What are the universally shared truths of the science of religion
- Stillness and inward absorption
- Neuroscience and meditation
- The compelling consistency of the testimony of near death experiencers and the saints and sages regarding transcendent experience
- There are no irreducibly tiny balls of matter
- Empty space
- Dynamic motion
- Energetic nucleus
- The Standard Model of energy interactions
- Mass and the Higgs Boson
- Intelligently organized energy
- M-theory and the energy-verse
- Quantum vacuum energy
- The two-dimensional energy-verse
- Brane worlds
- Our universe is a three-dimensional “bubble” in a two-dimensional ocean of energy
- Multiple two-dimensional branes in the energy-verse
- Multi-layered heavens
- “God does not play dice.” –Einstein
- There is information missing from the physical universe
- Indeterminism vs. determinism
- The many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics
- Bohm’s implicate and explicate order
- The holographic principle
- Continuous creation
- The failure of the biochemical-model of life
- Neither the brain nor our DNA can control all life processes
- The secret of life: quantum coherence
- Quantum biology and the entangled quantum information-bridge
- We have one foot in heaven already
- Subtle energy is guided by Intelligent consciousness
- Consciousness creates matter
- We are gods with amnesia
- Without us the cosmic movie does not play
- We are gods with amnesia
- The hidden truth of miracles
- Meditation and self-realization from science’s point of view
About The Presenters
Author of the Physics of God, (New Page Books, Sept. 2017), Selbie makes the complex and obscure simple and clear. A dedicated meditator for over forty years, he has taught yoga and meditation throughout the US and Europe. He is an avid follower of the unfolding new paradigm of science and is known for creating bridges of understanding between the modern evidenced-based discoveries of science and the ancient experience-based discoveries of the mystics.
The Physics of God presents a clear and much needed paradigm that unites, rather than divides, science and religion, drawing on both the findings of science and the transcendent experiences of saints, sages, and those with near-death experiences. Clear, practical and inspirational, his books and presentations speak to our untapped energetic, mental, and spiritual potentials.
Selbie maintains several blogs, including Physics and God and Intersections, which explores how spirituality connects with culture and science. With David Steinmetz, he also co-authored, The Yugas, a factual look at India’s tradition of cyclical history (see online course, The Yugas In-Depth), and wrote a science fiction fantasy series, The Protectors Diaries, inspired by the abilities of mystics.
Dr. Dean Radin
Dean Radin, PhD, is Chief Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) and Volunteer Faculty in the Department of Psychology at Sonoma State University. His original career track as a concert violinist shifted into science after earning a BSEE degree in electrical engineering, magna cum laude with honors in physics, from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and then an MS in electrical engineering and a PhD in psychology from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. For a decade he worked on advanced telecommunications R&D at AT&T Bell Laboratories and GTE Laboratories. For over two decades he has been engaged in frontiers research on the nature of consciousness. Before joining the research staff at IONS in 2001, he held appointments at Princeton University, University of Edinburgh, University of Nevada, Interval Research Corporation, and SRI International.
He is author or coauthor of over 250 peer-reviewed scientific and popular articles, three dozen book chapters, and three popular books including the award-winning and bestselling The Conscious Universe (HarperOne, 1997), Entangled Minds (Simon & Schuster, 2006), and a 2014 Silver Nautilus Book Award, SUPERNORMAL (Random House, 2013). These books have been translated into a dozen foreign languages. His technical articles have appeared in journals ranging from Foundations of Physics and Physics Essays to Psychological Bulletin and Journal of Consciousness Studies; he was featured in a New York Times Magazine article; and he has appeared on dozens of television shows ranging from the BBC’s Horizon and PBS’s Closer to Truth to Oprah and Larry King Live. He has given over 350 interviews and talks, including invited presentations at Harvard, Stanford, Cambridge, Princeton, and the Sorbonne, for industries including Google and Johnson & Johnson, and for US government organizations including the US Navy and DARPA.
Dr. Amit Goswami
Theoretical Quantum Physicist Dr. Amit Goswami is a retired full professor from the University of Oregon’s Department of Physics where he served from 1968 to 1997. He is a pioneer of the new paradigm of science called “science within consciousness,” an idea he explicated in his seminal book, The Self-Aware Universe, where he also solved the quantum measurement problem elucidating the famous observer effect.
In his most recent book, The Everything Answer Book (April 2017), Goswami’s basic premise is that quantum physics is not only the future of science, but it is also the key to understanding consciousness, death, God, psychology, and the meaning of life. In short, quantum physics offers a theory of everything.
Dr. Joan Borysenko
This distinguished pioneer in integrative medicine is a world-renowned expert in the mind/body connection. Her work has been foundational in an international health-care revolution that recognizes the role of meaning, and the spiritual dimensions of life, as an integral part of health and healing. Eloquent and inspiring in settings that range from hospitals to hospices, from theaters to conference venues, and from boardrooms to houses of worship, she is a credible bridge between faith and reason. Her brilliance, humor, and authenticity—in combination with the latest research—make her a compelling and inspiring speaker and writer.
After graduating magna cum laude from Bryn Mawr College in 1967, Dr. Borysenko earned her doctorate in Medical Sciences from the Harvard Medical School, where she completed post-doctoral training in cancer cell biology. Her first faculty position was at the Tufts University College of Medicine in Boston. But after the death of her father from cancer, she became more interested in the person with the illness than in the disease itself, and returned to Harvard Medical School to complete a second postdoctoral fellowship, this time in the new field of behavioral medicine. Under the tutelage of Herbert Benson, M.D., who first identified the relaxation response and brought meditation into medicine, she was awarded a Medical Foundation Fellowship and completed her third post-doctoral fellowship in psychoneuroimmunology.
In the early 1980’s Dr. Borysenko co-founded a Mind/Body clinic with Dr. Benson and Dr. Ilan Kutz, became licensed as a psychologist, and was appointed instructor in medicine at the Harvard Medical School. Her years of clinical experience and research culminated in the 1987 publication of the New York Times best seller, Minding the Body, Mending the Mind, which sold over 400,000 copies. The 20th anniversary edition, newly revised, was published in 2007. Author or co-author of 13 other books and numerous audio and video programs, including the Public Television special Inner Peace for Busy People, she is the Founding Partner of Mind/Body Health Sciences, LLC located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.