Kriya Yoga is a spiritual path, not just a single technique. The Path of Kriya includes specific techniques of meditation and yoga, along with discipleship and the philosophical understanding from Art and Science of Raja Yoga. After a student has taken our online courses, Lessons in Meditation, Art and Science of Raja Yoga, and Course on Discipleship, or their equivalent (the print version or classes at an Ananda Center), they are eligible to take this fourth step on the Path of Kriya Yoga. This course will help you to put all your previous training together into a comprehensive daily practice.
What You’ll Receive
- Textbook (pdf format).
- Audio learning tracks (mp3 format).
- Interactive forums.
- Regular online discussion meetings with instructor.
- Personal support (via email, telephone, or live chat).
- Certificate of Completion.
More About Course
“The practice of Kriya Yoga helps a student develop pranayama, or ‘control of the life force.’ According to Yogananda, pranayama is a condition, not just a technique. Development of pranayama is essential for reaching God-realization. Among yoga techniques, Kriya is the most effective because it is the most central and direct in that way that it works with controlling the live force.” — Nayaswami Devarshi
The recommended pace of this course is one lesson per week. You will have 16 weeks to complete the five lessons in this course. You will receive an email reminder seven days before your enrollment period expires. We offer enrollment extensions freely, so if you find you need more time to complete the course, you can let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before You Begin
- Reading Assignment: Introduction and How to Use Lessons
- Daily Meditation Practice Requirements for Kriya Yoga
- Reading Assignment: Preparation For Kriya Yoga, Part One
- Audio (mp3) Swami Kriyananda on Receptivity
- Video: Energization Exercises
- Video: Better Breathing in Meditation & Pranayama
- Lesson One Quiz
- Bonus Video: Free Your Breath from the Ananda Yoga Series
- Chant: I Awake in Thy Light by Swami Kriyananda
- Reading Assignment: Preparation For Kriya Yoga, Part Two
- Audio (mp3) AUM Technique with Nayaswami Jyotish
- Audio (mp3) Chanting AUM at the Chakras with Tyagi Ram
- Lesson Two Quiz
- Chant: Fill Me With the Sound of Aum by Swami Kriyananda
- Reading Assignment: Preparation for Kriya Yoga, Part Three
- Article: Devotion: Your Protection in Difficult Times by Swami Kriyananda
- Audio (mp3) Kriya Yoga Preparation with Swami Kriyananda
- Lesson Three Quiz
- Chant: O God Beautiful by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Reading Assignment: Preparation for Kriya Yoga, Part Four
- Video: Maha Mudra
- Audio (mp3) Science of Yoga with Swami Kriyananda
- Lesson Four Quiz
- Chant: Why O Mind Wanderest Thou by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Reading Assignment: Preparation For Kriya Yoga, Part Five
- Lesson Five Quiz
- Chant: No Birth, No Death by Paramhansa Yogananda
Once you have completed the course, you can make arrangements with the course instructor, Director of Ananda’s Kriya Sangha, for Kriya Initiation.