Expand Your Skill Set with Restorative Yoga
In today’s fast-paced and over-stimulated culture, more and more yoga students and teachers are turning toward a calming, slowing, and introspective yoga practice. Restorative yoga is the answer! Whether you plan to deepen your understanding of restorative yoga or teach it to your students, this comprehensive online course will help you gain the knowledge–through experience—of the healing power of restorative yoga!
Join Melody Hansen, E-RYT 500
Yoga Alliance CE Approved Course
Melody has been teaching Ananda Yoga and Meditation since 2006, and has been training yoga teachers since 2008 at The Ananda School of Yoga and Meditation in California. A seasoned and certified yoga therapist with IAYT, Melody shares her knowledge through these unique aspects of the training:
- 30 Yoga Alliance continuing education hours
- Over 60 videos to download and view for a lifetime!
- 3 complete Restorative Ananda Yoga routines & warm-up videos
- Sequenced routines that therapeutically enhance the well-being of the practitioner
- Utilization of the chakra system and how to integrate this profound understanding into your restorative classes
- Ananda Yoga affirmations and meditation techniques to raise consciousness and improve mindfulness
Yoga Teachers: Experience the Depth
Yoga teachers love this training because they get to practice a lot of Restorative Yoga! Through Melody Hansen’s expert guidance, you’ll feel what it’s like to be nurtured and cared for in a Restorative class with guided relaxation techniques. During this course there will be time to:
- Enjoy guided practice for your own renewal
- Experience the poses to understand the use of props and proper alignment
- Use the breath to invoke the Relaxation Response
- Learn modifications and variations needed for students with special conditions
- Practice several hands-on adjustments to deepen your student’s and/or client’s experience of deep relaxation
Best practices in online training
Partake in lively discussions and Q&A forums filled with insights
Enjoy online practice teaching sessions with your classmates to build confidence in what you’re learning.
Film yourself teaching a volunteer student to apply your new skills! Receive individual feedback from Melody Hansen.
Meet your fellow trainees through group projects & online community
Take mini practice quizzes throughout the course to deepen and clarify your understanding of the course content
Receive post-graduation support from Melody and The Ananda School of Yoga and Meditation, which offers a wide variety of resources, inspiration, and community interactions.
Spiritualize Your Practice
with Ananda Yoga
Ananda Yoga Restorative is uniquely based on the universal teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the spiritual classic, Autobiography of a Yogi. During this course you’ll heighten your teaching ability by addressing the whole person—body, mind and spirit—in a holistic way:
- Learn to guide students in energy awareness while teaching Ananda Yoga’s unique Restorative routine for the Chakras
- Use techniques to help increase the flow of energy through the system of chakras
- Learn and experience the power of affirmations combined with restorative yoga postures to deepen relaxation and strengthen the mind-body and energy connection
- Learn a simple, yet powerful meditation technique along with effective pranayama practices to deepen concentration, peace of mind, and relaxation
- Learn how to include meditation in your restorative classes to help your students leave feeling uplifted and restored
What our Graduates say:
This course absolutely exceeded my expectations and is very well laid out with comprehensive weekly modules. The material is well-structured and allows you to work at you own pace within a given timeline. It includes ample hands on training to apply and practice the principles. I received a very thorough understanding of Restorative Yoga and the spiritual, meditative and healing benefits. I highly recommend this course to yoga teachers looking to expand their teaching repertoire.
– Mina Jiwani
Ananda’s Online Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is so much more than just an online training course. The amount of interaction with teachers and other students, the meticulously planned modules, and highly professional supporting materials, including dozens of beautiful and informative videos, made for a challenging and highly rewarding training experience. ORYTT was an incredibly comprehensive, deeply spiritual, and thoroughly enjoyable approach to teaching restorative Ananda Yoga, a beautiful practice that can benefit almost anyone physically, mentally, and spiritually.
– Linda Gorsuch
Meet Your Instructor:
Melody is an extraordinary yoga teacher, who conveys her great knowledge of yoga asanas—from physical mechanics to spiritual upliftment—with a blend of graciousness, authority, and fun. One of Melody’s greatest strengths is the purity of her transmission of Yoga. She has very little egotism to block the clear flow of inspiration she shares. Her inner life is committed and deep, and she’s able to help students experience that depth in their yoga practice.
Melody has been practicing the teachings of yoga since the age of 14, and began teaching at age 17. She is a Certified Ananda Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), and teaches therapeutic yoga for private sessions and groups. Melody loves leading Ananda’s Restorative Yoga Teacher Training in-person at The Expanding Light Retreat three times per year. She also directs the Ananda Yoga Teacher Training 200-hr program at The Ananda School of Yoga and Meditation in California. Melody is trained in prenatal yoga and leads prenatal weekends, as well as co-directs the Prenatal Ananda Yoga Teacher Training Program.
Melody uses restorative yoga, Ananda Yoga and Meditation in her personal life to balance serving her students and her family. She practices what she preaches and enjoys guiding beginning through advanced students into the stillness of meditation that follows yoga so that all can experience their higher potential.
Included in this Training
Restorative Ananda Yoga Teacher Trainees will receive a thorough 8-section manual for the course (242 pages PDF printable). All course material is available in the manual, which includes:
- Instructions for teaching 3 Restorative Ananda Yoga routines including beginning through advanced poses
- Fully-illustrated color photos of over 20 restorative poses and their prop setups
- Asana benefits, cautions/contraindications, modifications, teaching tips, and hands-on adjustments
- Valuable content on the chakras and meditation
By completing this course you’ll receive a written letter of completion. Registered Yoga Teachers and Nurses can request documentation of completed continuing education hours.
More Questions? Email the director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Restore yourself–and restore others!
Apply now for Restorative Ananda Yoga Teacher Training Online
5-week Professional Online Training Course
Tuition: $699 (early-bird) $775 (regular)
Upcoming Dates: Jun 29- Aug 03, 2022
For early-bird Tuition: apply by June 13, pay by June 15, 2022
*Graduates of Restorative Ananda Yoga Teacher Training at The Expanding Light Retreat will receive a discounted rate. Apply and request for a promo code.
Learn more about
The Ananda School of Yoga and Meditation
Apply now to recharge your own practice, help your students fall in love with restorative yoga, and change lives.
19 Nursing CEU hours are available for this course.
Would you like to experience the depth of Restorative Ananda Yoga before committing to this training?
Take a self-guided Restorative Ananda Yoga course and get to know Melody Hansen.
Receive $25.00 off this training program when you purchase Restorative Ananda Yoga for the Chakras: A guided experience of the chakras for deep rejuvenation with Melody Hansen.