Deepening Your Kriya Practice
“I am ever with those who practice Kriya,” he [Lahiri Mahasaya] said consolingly to chelas who could not remain near him. “I will guide you to the Cosmic Home through your enlarging perceptions.”
— Autobiography of a Yogi
Free Introduction to Deepening Your Kriya Practice Online Course
Recorded July 27, 2016
Kriya is a way of life, not only a technique. This course provides step-by-step video instruction that will help deepen and strengthen your practice regardless of whether you are new to Kriya or a long-term practitioner.
Who Is This Course For?
- New Ananda Sangha Kriya Yoga Initiates.
- Ananda Sangha Kriyabans seeking to re-inspire or deepen their Kriya practice.
*See below for more details on course content.
- Concise, step-by-step videos on all aspects of Kriya Yoga with video presenters:
Ananda Worldwide Spiritual Directors —Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi
Ananda India Spiritual Directors — Nayaswamis Jaya, Dhyana, and Devarshi
Long-time Ananda Members — Nayaswami Maria and Dr. Peter Van Houten
- Kriya Yoga Technique Q&A Booklet (pdf)
- Guided Kriya Initiation with Swami Kriyananda (mp3)
- Interactive forum
- Live Guided Kriya Meditations with Kriyacharyas — Second Thursday of every month from 4:00 to 5:00 pm Pacific Time
- Optional written exercises
- Personal support (via email, telephone, or live chat)
Enrollment upon approval.
This is course is only for Ananda Sangha Kriyabans. To sign-up for this course:
- Send e-mail to Sanjan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon approval, we will send you a link to the payment webpage.
- Once payment is received, you will receive a link and "enrollment key" which you will use to enter the course.
$108.00 for one-year enrollment
$199.00 for unlimited, lifetime enrollment
Course Sections and Video Content:
Section 1: Your Daily Kriya Meditation
- How to Approach Your Daily Kriya Practice Nayaswami Jaya (12:09)
- Right Attitude Nayaswami Jaya (08:54)
- The Power of Kriya Yoga Nayaswami Dhyana (30:58)
- What Inspires Me About Kriya Nayaswami Dhyana (07:27)
Section 2: Kriya Preparation and Kriya Technique
- Maha Mudra with the Kriya Breath Nayaswami Devarshi (9:08)
- Introduction to Kriya Yoga Nayaswami Jyotish (03:56)
- Preparatory Techniques Nayaswami Jyotish (08:15)
- Physical Aspect of the Breath Nayaswami Jyotish (09:27)
- The Inner Flow of Energy Nayaswami Jyotish (13:27)
- Other Aspects of Kriya Nayaswami Jyotish (09:48)
- Guided Kriya Practice Nayaswami Dhyana (1:02:51)
Section 3: Jyoti Mudra and Astral Spine
- Jyoti Mudra Nayaswami Maria (05:51)
- Demonstration of Jyoti Mudra Nayaswami Maria (06:46)
Section 4: Devotion and Attunement to the Guru
- Introduction to Devotion and Kriya Nayaswami Devi (00:33)
- Devotion and Attunement Nayaswami Devi (05:38)
- Why Attunement is Important Nayaswami Devi (07:23)
- How to Increase Attunement and Devotion Nayaswami Devi (07:40)
- How to Deepen Devotion Nayaswami Devi (16:19)
- Importance of Seclusion Nayaswami Devi (06:03)
Section 5: Further Techniques: Chanting Aum and Kechari
- Chanting AUM at the Chakra Nayaswami Maria (01:03)
- Demonstration of Chanting AUM at the Chakras Nayaswami Maria (04:14)
- Introduction to Kechari Mudra Dr. Peter Van Houten (04:17)
- Why is Kechari Mudra Important? Dr. Peter Van Houten (04:06)
- When and How to Incorperate Kechari Mudra Into Your Kriya Practice Dr. Peter Van Houten (04:19)
- What Does the Kechari Mudra Position Do? Dr. Peter Van Houten (05:20)
- Anatomy of Kechari Mudra Dr. Peter Van Houten (12:34)
- How to Include Kechari in Your Yoga Practice Dr. Peter Van Houten (03:28)
- How to Prepare Your Tongue for Kechari Mudra Dr. Peter Van Houten (10:04)
- Frequently Asked Questions Dr. Peter Van Houten (12:13)
Section 6: How to Get More from Your Kriya Practice
Kriyaban Retreat at Ananda Village in Northern California — Recorded May 19, 2016
- How to Get More From Your Kriya Practice
- Nayaswami Jyotish (39:48)
- Nayaswami Devi (28:47)
- Nayaswami Dharmadas (21:32)
- Nayaswami Jaya (24:42)
- Nayaswami Dhyana (35:32)
Sanjan Marks-Thelen, Director of the Ananda Kriya Sangha for North and South America. He lives at Ananda Village in Northern California. Before moving to CA he lived in Madison, Wisconsin where he ran the Ananda Madison Meditation group. During this time he taught yoga meditation throughout Madison and the surrounding area to a wide variety of people.