Conscious Recovery and The Art of Joyful Living Webinar Series
This webinar series is for anyone in a 12-step recovery program who is looking for ways to deepen their spiritual life, move past old definitions of "self," and find new and expansive ways to relate to their recovery and to life. You are so much more then your perceived limitations! This series will help you learn to identify with your highest potential.
Free Introduction to Conscious Recovery and The Art of Joyful Living
Recorded August 6, 2015
Watch Free Introduction
Body and Heart, Mind and Will, Spirit in Conscious Recovery and The Art of Joyful Living
Recorded August 20, 27, and September 3, 2015
Enroll in Webinar Series
5 areas of focus that build on each other:
- Body — Hatha Yoga for honoring the body and using it as a channel of positive energy. You will discover that your body is a temple. Gain insights and tools to become more aware of what you put in it and how it affects your entire being.
- Heart — Bhakti Yoga for awakening the natural love of the heart and learning to direct feeling inward and upward through the higher centers of the body (the chakras).
- Will — Karma Yoga for applying will-power with non-attachment toward right-action, leaving the results to our Higher Power.
- Mind — Gyana Yoga for developing discrimination and wisdom in our choices. "Intellect follows feeling." Learn how wisdom is a natural result of a clear mind.
- Spirit — Raja Yoga encompasses all the above. Meditation is the key through which joyful living is possible.
You will learn:
- practical and inspirational tools to deepen your connection with your Higher Power.
- how to consciously identify negative energy and redirect it.
- simple and powerful techniques to propel you forward in your spiritual growth.
- affirmations, exercises, and how to apply these practices in daily life.
- how yoga and meditation can co-operate with your process in recovery and living a truly joyful life.
Nayaswami Brindey: February 11, 1951 — March 9, 2016
Our dear friend, Nayaswami Brindey, conquered so much in her life! She was able to not only overcome alcoholism, but beyond that - she overcame the identification with addiction and all limiting self-definitions. She did this webinar series one month before her diagnosis with terminal lung cancer. With the time she had left, she never stopped serving - never stopped giving to others her inspiring message that we are so, so much more then any possible limitation we impose on ourselves. Her courage and her unceasing love of God and Guru will forever be an inspiration to all of us.
“When I first started meditating many years ago I was thrilled to connect with the new found experience of joy that I discovered. This was what kept me going back in, back into the quietness of the true Self. This stillness and sacred silence is a natural point of repose’. It is our true state!”
As a recovered alcoholic, I am drawn to help others overcome barriers to their innate inner wisdom and joy. We have all lived through many challenges in our lives. One secret is in the letting go and dissolving all association with past error. Each day can be as starting fresh!” — Nayaswami Brindey