Music and Consciousness
Transform Consciousness through Music
More than just a recreational activity, listening to music can be a transformative and healing experience that can help you change the way you relate to everyday life and challenges. Our purpose is to help people to better understand the effect music has on our physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing, and the importance of making musical choices that support our health and happiness.
"Sound or vibration is the most powerful force in the universe, and music is a divine art, to be used not for pleasure but as a path to God-realization."—Paramhansa Yogananda
In this course you'll experience music's subtle yet powerful influence and learn to use it to help heal - body, mind, and soul. You are provided opportunities to discover for yourself how music affects you on all levels, and how you can tell what effect a specific piece is having on you.
You will learn to:
- Gain access to a powerful tool for coping in troubled times
- Reduce stress by using music to calm your mind and heart
- Tap the power of music and use it to heal yourself and others
- Learn how to get the most out of music by listening with a receptive and open heart
- Realize how and why sound affects you
- Notice how your consciousness changes in response to a wide range of music
- Understand why it’s good to be more mindful and selective about what music you play and when you play it
- Discover an abundance of positive and inspiring music, much of it consciously composed with the intention of uplifting consciousness
By understanding the influence of music on your consciousness, you will experience more peace and contentment in your life.
Consider for a moment the role music plays in creating your daily reality. The goal of this course is to help create awareness of the connection between the music you consistently listen to and your mental state, moods, and overall sense of well being.
Start course anytime - unlimited enrollment
What you'll receive:
- textbook (pdf format)
- audio learning tracks (mp3 format)
- experiential exercises for inner exploration
- personal support (via email or telephone)
- certificate of completion
The course consists of 7 lessons.
Bhagavati and Ramesha Nani are Ananda ministers and accomplished musicians--between them they play flute, violin, and guitar, as well as sing. After meeting in Italy, Bhagavati (a native San Franciscan) and Ramesha (Swiss-Italian) married and soon formed The Harmony Duo. After two years in Switzerland they moved to America and settled at Ananda Village. They currently serve as the choir directors for Ananda Village.