Understanding the Chakras In-Depth
An Inner Guide to Self-Realization
"What a great course. The content made understandable what for me is a very complex subject. What a wonderful experience!"— JC
The chakras, the energy-distribution centers in our spines and brains, hold the keys to physical and emotional health. They also clearly describe the stages we all follow along our path to spiritual enlightenment.
You will learn:
- How to locate and how to un-block your chakras;
- How to increase the flow of life-force in your astral body;
- How to use visualization, affirmation, color and sound, music, breathing, and hatha yoga to help you attune more deeply to these astral energies;
- How to use your core energies for healing of body and mind.
But what is even more important, you will begin to experience the reality of chakras rather than just reading or hearing about them. You’ll learn how to affect the movements of life-force in order to clear and purify the chakras. This is done through chakra awakening exercises including hatha yoga stretching, breathing, chanting, and meditations, working with color and sound, affirmations, and visualizations for each chakra.
Start course anytime - 120 day enrollment
What you'll receive:
- textbook (pdf format)
- audio learning tracks (mp3 format)
- interactive forum
- personal support (via email or telephone)
- certificate of completion
- digital video, including seven 30-minute classes with course author, Nayaswami Savitri:
- Introduction to the Chakras: What is a Chakra? What are their names? Why are they important to know about? Where are they located? How do they function? Astral Anatomy, Effective Ways to Work with Your Chakras: Meditation, Visualization, Affirmation, Chanting, and Yoga Postures, and Breathing Techniques
- Chakras One and Two: Chakras Elements, Chakras Attitudes, and Exploring Chakras One and Two: Stability and Flexibility
- Chakras Three and Four: AUM-ing the Chakras, and Chakras Three and Four: Self-Control and Devotion
- Chakras Five, Six, and Seven: Expansion, Enlightment, and Liberation
- Patajali and Healing: Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga and Healing through the Chakras
- Symbols and Colors: Chakras Symbols, Outer and Inner Colors, Color Breathing, and Auras
- Astrology and More: Chakras Astrology, Metals, Gemstones, Sounds, and the Chakras and Kriya Yoga
The course consists of 9 lessons.
Nayaswami Maria was born in Pacific Palisades, California. She attended Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon, attaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology. During college, she was an exchange student in Ecuador for 6 months. She came to Ananda in 1976 and worked on the Ananda Farm in organic agriculture from 1976 through 1986. In 1979, she was married to Ananta in a ceremony performed by Swami Kriyananda. In 1986, Swami Kriyananda asked Maria and Ananta to direct the Ananda community in Sacramento, where they served for 23 years as ministers and community managers. In 2009, Maria and Ananta were asked to return to Ananda Farm at Ananda Village to restore it to organic production and to direct the Living with Spirit Ashram and summer programs for people between the ages of 18 and 30, a program which is now directed through the Expanding Light Guest Retreat. In additon, Maria teaches programs at the Expanding Light. Both Ananta and Maria are Kriyarcharyas and serve in Ananda's outreach ministry. Maria plays acoustic guitar and harmonium, and is an avid bird watcher.