Course on Discipleship
Step 3 of 5 on the Path of Kriya Yoga
Through discipleship we are able to achieve a balance of self-effort and divine grace that is essential to spiritual progress. This course will help you explore and understand the different aspects of going deeper in your spiritual journey, including:
- Understanding the Need For a Guru
- The role of Divine Grace in spiritual progress
- Exploring the Disciple’s Part
- How to Attune to the Guru
- Living Life With a True Guru
- The Importance of Attunement and Magnetism
- Discipleship Initiation: Is It Right for You?
This course can help clarify and deepen one's understanding of what the Guru-Disciple relationship means. It is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, regardless of whether they are seeking discipleship at this stage of their life.
Start course anytime - 12 week enrollment
- 6 Lessons designed to help guide you through the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda on Discipleship.
- downloadable textbook (PDF format)
- digital videos of Swami Kriyananda and course instructors.
- interactive forums for discussion with fellow students and instructor.
- regular, live guided meditations, satsangs and discussions online with the instructors.
- personal support from instructor (via email, telephone or live chat)
- certificate of completion
"O spirit, Thou art I; I am Thou. Thou art wisdom: I am wisdom. Thou art bliss: I am bliss
Brahmachari Jitendra is a disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda and a Monk living at the Ananda Monastery located at Ananda Village in Northern California. While serving with Online with Ananda, he enjoys spreading the ancient teachings of Yoga to all truth seekers around the world and look forward to connecting with new friends from different backgrounds and affiliations. He is a certified Yoga and Meditation Teacher with Yoga Alliance (RYT 200).
Jitendra is recently from Rhode Island, where he helped lead the Ananda Yoga and Meditation Center and aided in spreading the path of Meditation in Boston and New York City. He has taught meditation in diverse settings including Yoga Studios, Colleges, High Schools, Rehabilitation Centers and more.