Frequently Asked Questions
General Website Questions
How do I get started on your website?
I set up a new account and never got a confirmation e-mail. What do I do now?
The confirmation e-mail may have gone to your junk folder or spam. If you still don't see it, e-mail email@example.com and we will manually confirm your account.
How do I find courses I am interested in?
Here are some different ways:
- Type in the title of the course you are seeking in the search bar on Online with Ananda's home page.
- In the drop down menus at the top of the page, select "View All Categories" to see all our offerings.
- Click on the triangle to the left of each category to see all courses listed in that category.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yogananda Institute Online Courses include reading assignments, audio, and video. They normally include assignments such a quizzes and exercises to help you engage and learn the material offered. Some include live webinars with the instructor. Most courses offer a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course enrollment. For more questions on courses, please see below for more questions and answers.
- Live Broadcasts and Webinars are normally one time events that are live online at a scheduled time. They do not include assignments or other material. They are always recorded and available to those who are enrolled in the live broadcast.
- The Ananda Virtual Community is a subscription program. A person can subscribe either monthly ($20 per month) or yearly ($180 per year). The Virtual Community offers ongoing spiritual support through regular live guided meditations, healing prayers, live satsangs and book study meetings. It includes many supportive resources to help enrich and deepen your spiritual life.
Virtual Community Questions
If I create a free account, does that automatically enroll me in the Ananda Virtual Community?
No. Creating a free account the first step before enrolling in any of our offerings. Once you have created your free account are logged in, enroll in the Ananda Virtual Community here. You will have options to enroll in the 14-day Free Trial, Monthly Subscription ($20 per month), or Yearly Subscription ($180 per year).
What is included in the Ananda Virtual Community?
Weekly and Monthly Live Events:
- Guided Meditation and Satsangs
- Guided Healing Prayers and Affirmations
- Book Study Groups on books by Paramhansa
- Yogananda and Swami Kriyananda
- Monthly Webinars with Nayaswamis Jyotish, Devi,
- Asha, and Others
- Interactive Forums
- Spiritual Counseling and Guidance
- Resources and Archives: Chants, Meditations,Yoga,
- Inspirational Material
- 20% off Selected Online Courses
Free Access to Special Live Broadcasts:
- Spiritual Renewal Week & Inner Renewal Week
- Concerts, Kirtans, and Special Satsangs
Webinar and Broadcast Questions
Where are you located and what time zone are you in?
What if I am unable to attend the live webinars at the time they are broadcast?
We record all our webinars and live broadcasts. Everyone who is enrolled the broadcast or webinar will receive a link to the recording.
Do I need special software to watch your broadcasts or webinars?
No. Anyone can view our live events on most any device. More details on webinars and broadcasts.
Can I download the recordings?
Most of the videos on our site are copyright protected and not downloadable. However, there are some exceptions. Audio and reading material are downloadable in every course.
Enrollment and Payment Questions
How do I sign up for a course?
To enroll in a course, click the "enroll" button. If it has a free enrollment, you will be taken right into the course. If there is a cost, you will directed to the payment page. Once you enter payment information, you will then be directed into the course.
Can I pay without using PayPal?
Yes*, you can pay without PayPal:
- Click button that says, "Send payment via PayPal"
- On right side of page, under the log in for PayPal, click the link that says: "Don't have a PayPal account?"
- Click the option "Pay with a debit or credit card."
If you still have trouble, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Yogananda Institute Online Course Questions
What is the Yogananda Institute?
The Yogananda Institute is part of Online with Ananda. It is where all our online courses are listed.
How do I access the courses I am enrolled in?
There are two ways:
- Log into Online with Ananda. Click on "My Courses" in the upper right corner of the screen. This is a drop down menu that will list all the courses you are enrolled in. Click any title in the "My Courses" drop down menu to access your course.
- Log into Online with Ananda. Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen. You will see a drop down menu that will include your dashboard. Click on the word, "Dashboard" to access it. All the courses you are enrolled in are listed there. Click on any title in the dashboard course list, to access the course you wish to enter.
How long will I have to complete a course?
Each course has a unique enrollment period. Some have a specific enrollment period with an open start date. Others have a specific start and end date. We also have courses that have unlimited enrollment. Enrollment information for each course can be found on it's sign-up page.
Are your courses self-guided?
Many of our courses are self-guided and set up for you to follow at your own pace. We offer guidelines in each course.
Our courses that have specific start and end date are more instructor guided.
How can I take a course if I am in another time zone?
All material (reading, audio, and video) in our courses are open and available 24/7. You can engage in the course when ever it is convenient to your schedule or time zone.The only aspect of a course that is time specific are webinars and live broadcasts. They are recorded for those are unable to attend live. Recordings are sent to enrolled students and are also posted within the course itself.
Once the course ends, will I still be able to access the material online?
Once a course with a specific end date or enrollment period ends, you will no longer have access to course material. However, you can download all reading and audio material to your computer to have indefinitely. Most of the videos in our courses are copyright protected and therefore not downloadable.
What if I can't complete a course in the given time frame?
We can extend enrollment in most cases. Each course is unique. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for specific course extension information.
Do you have programs for certification?
Account Profile Questions
How do I change my password?
Click here to change your password. If you still have trouble, contact us at email@example.com and we will help you.
How do I change my username?
The only way to change your username is to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can make the change for you.
How do I upload a photograph to my profile?
Log into Online with Ananda. Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen. You will see a drop down menu that will include your profile. Click on the word, "Profile" and then, "Edit profile." Scroll down to the item named, "User picture." You can either upload an image or simply "drag and drop" an image into the box provided. Be sure to click, "Update profile" to save image to your profile.
How do I edit my profile information?
Log into Online with Ananda. Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen. You will see a drop down menu that will include your profile. Click on the word, "Profile" and then, "Edit profile." Scroll down to the description box. Type in anything you would like to share about yourself and how you came to be here on this site. Be sure to click, "Update profile" to save image to your profile.