Living the Principles of Self-Realization brings you the essential teachings and techniques of Raja Yoga that will prepare you to receive Kriya Yoga initiation. This course will streamline your process of preparing for Kriya Yoga and enrollment in this course follows your completion of Step 1: Lessons in Meditation.
Kriya Yoga is the sacred technique of meditation brought to the West by Paramhansa Yogananda.
The focus in this course is in three main areas: Yoga Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation. The author Swami Kriyananda, clearly explains how these teachings, when correctly approached, can and will further our spiritual progress. He offers specific breathing and meditation exercises in each section. Through these exercises, you will personally experience the life-changing effect of Yogananda’s teachings.
Who is This Course For:
This course is a part of the Path of Kriya Yoga and is for those who have completed Lessons in Meditation and are on the learning track to eventually receive Kriya Yoga initiation. Living the Principles of Self-Realization provides eight core lessons and meditation exercises, covered over a period of ten weeks.
Tuition for 10-Week Course: $69.95
- October 21st to December 30th
- December 2nd to February 10, 2021
- January 13 to March 24, 2021
Contact us if you’re interested in joining the course.
We’ll be in touch with you shortly
What You’ll Receive:
- In-depth instruction to help you prepare for for Kriya Yoga.
- HD pre-recorded classes covering a wide range of topics
- Textbook sections: Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation (downloadable pdf format).
- Over 26 hours of downloadable audio learning tracks with Swami Kriyananda (mp3 format).
- Live webinars* every Thursday from 9:00 to 10:00 am Pacific Time**
- Interactive forum and weekly assignments for deepening your practice.
- Personal support from instructors (via email, telephone, or live chat).
- Certificate of Completion.
*All webinars will be recorded and available for later viewing.
**Calculate your local time here.
Meet your Instructors
Dhyan Garcia-Davis grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and moved to Ananda Village back in 2010. Immersing himself in the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, he finally discovered what had always been missing in his life: inner joy. Through the power of Kriya Yoga and service to others, Dhyan has dedicated his life to spreading the universally applicable teachings of yoga and meditation to other truth seeking souls. Being a certified Ananda Yoga and Meditation teacher, he has lived and taught these liberating techniques of yoga both in America and India. Earnest in his search for truth and in his love for others, Dhyan extends his friendship to soul friends everywhere.
Lalita moved to Ananda Village in 1984. In 1988 she and her husband moved to Ananda Sacramento as ministers. Lalita taught yoga and meditation classes, gave Sunday Services, led sadhanas and worked in the Ananda Center. She and her husband also helped establish the Ananda Community in Rancho Cordova.
In 1999 they moved back to Ananda Village as program directors for the Village Residential Program. During that time Lalita worked closely with new residents providing friendship, counseling, group meditations, organizing the household and classes. In 2018 they moved to Crystal Hermitage where she is now the manager. Deepening her spiritual life through meditation, Kriya and service is a priority. It is a joy to help others deepen their own spiritual life and find the joy we are all seeking
More About Course
There will be weekly live classes, the first eight weeks of the course presented by the instructor. All of the live classes are recorded for students unable to attend live.
The recommended pace of this course is one lesson per week and you will have ten weeks to complete the eight lessons. If you have extenuating circumstances and are unable to complete the course in the given time, we offer a one-time free enrollment in the course immediately following the current course you are enrolled in.
- Reading Assignment — Energy and Energization: Philosophy and Meditation
- Audio File — How to Become a Dynamo of Energy
- Lesson One Quiz
- Reading Assignment — The Paths of Yoga: Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation
- Audio File — Pathways to God: Heart, Head, & Hands
- Lesson Two Quiz
- Reading Assignment — Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga: Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation
- Audio File — Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga
- Lesson Three Quiz
- Reading Assignment — Yama: Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation
- Audio File — Weeding Your Garden of Self-Realization (Yama)
- Lesson Four Quiz
- Reading Assignment — Niyama: Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation
- Audio File — Watering Your Flowers of Self-Realization (Niyama)
- Lesson Five Quiz
- Reading Assignment — Affirmations, Part One and Two: Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation
- Audio File — How to Control Your Subconscious Mind
- Lesson Six Quiz
- Reading Assignment — Magnetism: Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation
- Audio File — How & Why To Develop Your Magnetism
- Lesson Seven Quiz
- Reading Assignment – The Yogic Scheme of Life: Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation
- Lesson Eight Quiz
- Reading Assignment — The Guru: Philosophy, Breathing, and Meditation
- Audio File — What Is a Guru?
- Lesson Nine Quiz
Frequently Asked Questions
*All webinars are recorded and posted within the course, available for later viewing.