Cultivate Inner Peace and Joy
Learn a simple yet powerful technique of meditation as originally taught by Paramhansa Yogananda. Meditation not only reduces stress and improves physical and emotional well-being, it can help you be more focused and calm regardless of outer conditions. Obtain direct experience of the divine realities within through the practice of meditation.
Who is this course for?
This course is open to anyone who wishes to learn to meditate, regardless of religious or spiritual background. Whether or not you are a new to meditation, these lessons can help you establish and develop a deep, consistent practice and help awaken within the peace, joy and divine love that are a part of your true nature.
In addition to meditation, you will learn Paramhansa Yogananda’s “Energization Exercises,” a unique set of exercises that will give you better health, more energy, and an ability to direct the energy in the body at will.
Tuition for 9-Week Course: $69.95
- In-depth instruction to help you create and maintain a consistent meditation practice.
- Downloadable textbook (pdf).
- Downloadable audio learning tracks (mp3).
- Digital videos of Swami Kriyananda and course instructors.
- Weekly, live guided meditations and discussions online.
- 2 additional live question & answer webinars.
- Interactive forums for discussion with fellow students and instructors.
- Personal support from instructors (via email, telephone, or live chat).
- Certificate of Completion.
**The guided meditations and discussions are every Friday at 12:00 noon Pacific Time* and on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm Pacific Time.* We also offer 2 additional webinars: Opening Orientation Webinar on course start date and a Next Steps Webinar on the final week of the course. We will post exact dates and times on the course page.
*Calculate your local time here.
**All webinars will be recorded and available for later viewing.
Each lesson includes a reading assignment, an audio file (mp3), digital video, and a quiz. The reading assignments for each lesson are broken into three categories:
3) meditation routine
The audio files (mp3) include guided meditations, chanting, and inspiration. The digital videos offer detailed instruction in meditation and Paramhansa Yogananda’s Energization Exercises.
The quizzes are to help you explore and deepen your understanding of the content in each lesson as well as get personal feedback and support from the instructor.
- What is meditation?
- Meditation and Health
- When to Meditate
- Where to Meditate
- How to sit comfortably on the floor or a chair
- Meditation routine for week one
- Audio file (mp3) with a guided meditation
- Digital Video – Part 1 with Swami Kriyananda
- Introduce yourself through the Introduction Forum
- Quiz One after practicing lesson one routine for one week
- Share in Discussion Forum your experience with week one (optional)
- Importance of and power of deep relaxation in meditation
- Relaxing the body
- Relaxing the mind
- Yoga postures and breathing exercises
- Relaxation routine before meditation
- Meditation routine for week two
- Audio file (mp3) with a guided meditation
- Digital Video – Part 2 with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Two after practicing lesson two routine for one week
- Using Concentration to Focus Our Minds
- Introduction to Hong-Sau
- Meditation routine for week three
- Audio file (mp3) with guided Hong-Sau
- Digital Video – Part 3 with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Three after practicing lesson three routine for one week
- Yogic teachings on overcoming the restless mind
- Meditation routine for week four
- Audio file (mp3) with chanting
- Digital Video – Part 4 with Swami Kriyananda
- Digital Video with Chanting (optional)
- Quiz Four after practicing lesson four routine for one week
- Levels of mind and the Superconscious
- Attuning to the Qualities of God
- Meditation on the Guru
- Longer Rhythms: Long Meditations, Silence, Seclusion, Retreats
- Meditation routine for week five
- Audio file (mp3) with Swami Kriyananda, Deepening Meditation
- Two Digital Videos – Parts 5 and 6 with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Five after practicing lesson five routine for one week
- Learning to control and direct energy.
- Key points for practicing the Energization Exercises
- Meditation routine for week six
- Digital Video of the Energization Exercises
- Digital Video- Part 7 with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Six after practicing lesson six routine for one week
- Making meditation a daily practice
- Practice of Japa
- Practicing the presence of God
- Journal writing
- Reviewing the day
- Meditation routine for week seven
- Two audio files (mp3) with Swami Kriyananda, Infusing Daily Life With God’s Presence Part One and Two
- Digital Video – Part 8 with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Seven after practicing lesson seven routine for one week