Cultivate Inner Peace and Joy
Learn a simple yet powerful technique of meditation as originally taught by Paramhansa Yogananda, author of Autobiography of a Yogi. Meditation not only reduces stress and improves physical and emotional well-being, it can help you be more focused and calm regardless of outer conditions.
You will receive in-depth instruction to help you create and maintain a consistent meditation practice. These techniques are scientific in their approach, and can bring more peace, deeper relaxation, and focused concentration to every area of your life.
In addition to learning meditation, you will also learn Paramhansa Yogananda’s “Energization Exercises” which are his unique contribution to the science of Yoga. The Energization Exercises are designed to provide the practitioner with better health, more energy, and an ability to direct the energy in the body at will. Mastering them can be a powerful tool for deeper, longer meditation.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is open to anyone who wishes to learn to meditate, regardless of religious or spiritual background. Whether or not you are new to meditation, these lessons will help you establish and develop a deep and consistent practice. With persistence, you will awaken your true nature: a pure reflection of divine peace, joy, and love.
Tuition for 9-Week Course: $69.95
What You’ll Receive:
- In-depth instruction to help you create and maintain a consistent meditation practice.
- Downloadable textbook (pdf).
- Downloadable audio learning tracks (mp3).
- Digital videos of Swami Kriyananda and course instructors.
- Weekly, live guided meditations and discussions online.
- Two additional live question & answer webinars.
- Interactive forums for discussion with fellow students and instructors.
- Personal support from instructors (via email, telephone, or live chat).
- Certificate of Completion.
**The guided meditations and discussions are every Friday at 12:00 noon Pacific Time* and on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm Pacific Time.* We also offer 2 additional webinars: Opening Orientation Webinar on course start date and a Next Steps Webinar on the final week of the course. We will post exact dates and times on the course page.
*Calculate your local time here.
**All webinars will be recorded and available for later viewing.
More About Course
“In meditation, try to go beyond thinking. As long as thoughts enter the mind, you are functioning on the conscious level. When dreaming, you are in subconsciousness; then you are more aware in the astral body. When your consciousness withdraws still more deeply, into superconsciousness, then you are centered in bliss, in the spine. In that bliss-state you are aware in the causal body, the soul.” — Paramhansa Yogananda
Each lesson contains a short introduction video, a reading assignment, a recommended daily practice for that week, a digital video by Swami Kriyananda, and an audio learning track. Once a lesson becomes available, the content of that lesson is accessible 24/7 for the remainder of the course.
Students are also invited to participate in weekly, live guided meditations and discussions online. All of the live classes are recorded for those unable to attend live. In addition, each lesson contains a quiz, which allows for further interaction with the course instructors. For a more dynamic learning experience, we encourage students to interact with instructors and fellow students through the forums where one can ask questions and start discussions.
The recommended pace for students is to complete one lesson per week, which typically requires 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day including the daily mediation routine.
- What is meditation?
- Meditation and Health
- When to Meditate
- Where to Meditate
- How to sit comfortably on the floor or a chair
- Meditation routine for week one
- Audio file (mp3) with a guided meditation
- Digital Video – Part One with Swami Kriyananda
- Introduce yourself through the Introduction Forum
- Quiz One after practicing lesson one routine for one week
- Share in Discussion Forum your experience with week one (optional)
- Importance of and power of deep relaxation in meditation
- Relaxing the body
- Relaxing the mind
- Yoga postures and breathing exercises
- Relaxation routine before meditation
- Meditation routine for week two
- Audio file (mp3) with a guided meditation
- Digital Video – Part Two with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Two after practicing lesson two routine for one week
- Using Concentration to Focus Our Minds
- Introduction to Hong-Sau
- Meditation routine for week three
- Audio file (mp3) with guided Hong-Sau
- Digital Video – Part Three with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Three after practicing lesson three routine for one week
- Yogic teachings on overcoming the restless mind
- Meditation routine for week four
- Audio file (mp3) with chanting
- Digital Video – Part Four with Swami Kriyananda
- Digital Video with Chanting (optional)
- Quiz Four after practicing lesson four routine for one week
- Levels of mind and the Superconscious
- Attuning to the Qualities of God
- Meditation on the Guru
- Longer Rhythms: Long Meditations, Silence, Seclusion, Retreats
- Meditation routine for week five
- Audio file (mp3) with Swami Kriyananda, Deepening Meditation
- Two Digital Videos – Parts Five and Six with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Five after practicing lesson five routine for one week
- Learning to control your energy:
- Key points for practicing the Energization Exercises
- Meditation routine for week six
- Digital Video of the Energization Exercises
- Digital Video- Part Seven with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Six after practicing lesson six routine for one week
- Making meditation a daily practice
- Practice of Japa
- Practicing the presence of God
- Journal writing
- Reviewing the day
- Meditation routine for week seven
- Two audio files (mp3) with Swami Kriyananda, Infusing Daily Life With God’s Presence Part One and Two
- Digital Video – Part Eight with Swami Kriyananda
- Quiz Seven after practicing lesson seven routine for one week