Become an Inspiring, Profound, and Professional Ananda Yoga® Teacher
Bridge Your Skills & Transfer to Ananda Yoga®
Welcoming yoga teachers seeking to deepen and spiritualize your own practice: Our Ananda Yoga® Bridge training online shares a teaching approach that will help you to deepen your own intuitive understanding of your inner life. At the same time you will learn how to guide your students into more transformative experiences during yoga classes. Our inspiring faculty have extensive experience connecting with yoga teachers of many paths and styles with respect and friendship. Our mission is to joyfully and professionally share with you ways to ignite and heighten your ability to utilize yoga science to best serve your students as a whole person—their body, mind and spirit. Once you complete the course work, you will receive a Letter of Completion from the Ananda School of Yoga & Meditation, and you’ll be ready to share Ananda Yoga with your students. If you are a Yoga Alliance RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) you are also then eligible to enter Ananda’s Yoga Alliance Registered Level 2 Yoga Teacher Training and receive 500 hour certification.
A Transformative Experience to Expand and Share Your Light
Bridge to Ananda Yoga® Online is a dynamic, best-practice, professional training focused on your own personal and spiritual growth. If you’re looking for something deeper in your own practice and would like to offer more than just a physical experience to your students, transferring to Ananda Yoga may be the right step for you. For more than 40 years, the Ananda School of Yoga & Meditation® faculty have been training students to become certified teachers of yoga, meditation, and spiritual counseling. The foundation of our approach is based in the full range of the yoga tradition as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda—from asana, pranayama, and meditation, to health and yoga philosophy. Ananda Yoga® is a classical and spiritual approach to Hatha Yoga. Using yoga postures to uplift consciousness, increase awareness and then ultimately unite our energies with the unlimited divine source of power.
A Spiritually Dynamic Training
For the first time ever, the Ananda School of Yoga and Meditation is now offering a Yoga Alliance approved yoga teacher training online. From the comfort of your home, you will receive training to become a skilled Ananda Yoga® instructor, with a Registered Yoga School (RYS) of the Yoga Alliance. In our Bridge to Ananda Yoga® online you will participate in the first two months of our full Ananda Yoga Teacher Training, and thus be able to:
- Learn about the profound universal teachings of the self-realized Master, Paramhansa Yogananda
- Explore ancient philosophies of India through the study of classical Raja Yoga and meditation
- Utilize the best online teaching methods and participate in 100+ hours of live interaction with our team of expert teachers
- Receive personalized coaching and feedback from our inspiring faculty who have experience teaching online
- Learn how to use, and teach about traditional, scientific yoga techniques to develop energy awareness and raise consciousness
- You will extensively study and practice a broad spectrum of educational materials presented in our core curriculum covering 4 main categories:
- 30 Hatha Yoga asanas each with an uplifting affirmation, including how to draw their physical, energetic, and spiritual benefits
- Asana mechanics and variations, safety cautions, and modifications (how to adapt asanas for student limitations)
- Classical pranayama (yogic breathing techniques) and working with the subtle body (energy centers)
- Ananda Meditation, including concentration techniques, chanting, and how to sit comfortably
- Anatomical movement, planes of movement, and anatomical terminology for yoga teachers
- Muscles, bones, fascia, and postural points of alignment
- Nervous system and other bodily systems (digestive, endocrine, immune, circulatory, and more)
- Study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Bhagavad Gita, and Ashtanga Yoga (8-limbs)
- Working directly with the body’s subtle energy, including the chakras and kundalini
- Increasing energy and magnetism as a yoga teacher
- Yoga lifestyle, including yogic diet and simple living
- How to plan a class: structure and sequence, teach yoga postures in groups, one-on-one, and to students of all walks of life (accessible yoga)
- Practice several hands-on adjustments to assist students in the asanas
- Find ways to address students’ needs on all levels – physical, mental & spiritual
- Learn the latest tips and tools for business, marketing, and online teaching
Best Practices in Online Training
Receive over 30 hours of live interaction with our team of expert teachers
Gain experience teaching with several live practice teaching sessions with your classmates
Partake in lively discussions and Q&A forums filled with insights. Have all your questions answered.
Build confidence in what you’re learning by receiving personalized, supportive feedback from our instructors
Take mini practice quizzes throughout the course to deepen and clarify your understanding of the course content
Create meaningful connections with your fellow trainees through group projects, sharing circles & online community.
Receive post-graduation support from the Ananda School of Yoga and Meditation, which offers a wide variety of resources, inspiration, and community interactions
Immerse Yourself in Yoga As a Way of Life
Bridge to Ananda Yoga® is an immersive and transformational experience, not just a training program. Students dive deep inwardly while experiencing the power of yoga postures and meditation. Through participation in this program, you will undergo spiritual growth and expansion on all levels.
- Develop a personal sadhana routine (spiritual practice) of Energization Exercises, Ananda Yoga postures, devotional chanting, and meditation
- Learn with experienced yoga teachers who live what they teach
- Be the change: create a positive life enriched by a connection to higher consciousness
- Discover more about yourself through philosophy, meditation and introspection
- Experience this immersive training broadcasted from an Intentional Spiritual Community established over 50 years ago
Included in this Training
- Ananda Yoga® Asana Video Library – professional and easy to download, instructional videos for each asana (30 Level 1 poses) and pranayama (10 techniques)
- High-quality pre-taped learning modules for each curriculum category, and recordings of all live classes to review and deepen your understanding
- Ananda Yoga® Teacher Training Manual – 8 sections, 248 pages, printable PDF
- Ananda Yoga® Asana and Affirmation flashcards for study, practice and class planning
- By completing this course you will receive a letter of completion, and you can begin teaching Ananda Yoga. Nurses can request documentation of completed continuing education hours.
Meet Your Instructors:
Karen, RYT 500, is a Certified Ananda Yoga Therapist, C-IAYT and has been teaching yoga since 2003. Originally from Texas, she directed and operated successful yoga studios in Dallas for over 13 years. Karen has experience working with students of all levels in studio, privately and corporate settings. She loves to mentor teachers and help them discover their unique gifts while strengthening their self-reliance and positivity. Karen will be a lead asana instructor for this course while encouraging and assisting you throughout this journey!
What our Graduates say:
“Ananda’s training is more than learning to teach yoga – it is about learning to live your yoga. The breadth and depth of the program astounded me. I can’t imagine a more complete program. Your program is really the holistic approach for those who want to transform their lives.” – Michelle, Ashland, OR
“This is an extremely inspirational insightful course for any yoga student whether for teaching or self-nurturing, deeply spiritual all would benefit greatly from participating in Ananda Yoga.”
– Kelly Whitcombe, England
“I was deeply impressed with how the teachers really help each student overcome their obstacles (spiritual, mental, physical) to achieve certification.” – Katherine C
“All the teachers are fine and gifted people, who live their lives with great integrity and with a spirit of dynamism and generosity I’ve rarely witnessed within a training environment.”
– Anaya, Stratford, Ontario
“Participating in this program brought my yoga practice to the next level. I can’t wait for my students to experience deep inner yoga.”
– Mary Meckley, FL
– Darshana Moore, CA
What I enjoyed most about the course were the things that I feared most: the practice teaching sessions and making the videos. They are such great learning techniques. I think making videos, rather than just teaching in front of a class, helps me to learn and integrate the material more deeply. Maybe that’s the jewel in online Ananda courses. It calls us to a higher integration and invites us to overcome our fears, face our challenges and really learn. I also learned a lot from analyzing my own videos. I plan to make videos of myself teaching all the poses so I can go back and learn from reviewing them.
– Surya Bagley
I’ve been practicing and teaching yoga for many years and still found the “Ananda Yoga Teacher Training” refreshingly unique, practical, all encompassing, and deeply spiritual.
– Peggy Guaraldi
I’ve been learning online and trained to design courses online since 1997. I was very impressed with the quality, excellent structure, and alternative ways to engage with the content for what is generally a very hands on course. The guidance and support from the staff was phenomenal.
– Jashoda Bothra
Online Ananda Yoga training met and exceeded my expectations. I was impressed with how well the course flowed, and now I feel competent to be able to offer Ananda Yoga to students. Also as a mother of a young child this was an excellent opportunity to study because I could work at my own pace throughout the weeks around my time with my child and because I would probably not have been able to do the training if it was in person.
– Bhakti Ruggiero
With clear and concise presentation, the course material, the attentive instructors and the devotional vibrational energy, it is wondrous how deeply one can access this healing practice. Ananda Yoga asanas will be a part of my daily practice.
– Nadia Hlibka
I think the program is awesome. You have really done a brilliant job in creating a very comprehensive program. You have managed to create an excellent online program without doing it hands-on. The strength of the program is that we still have the videos and the manuals to review after the program is over. The Ananda Online Yoga Teacher Training Program provides yoga students with in-depth training on teaching yoga. The program includes excellent teaching on the human energy system of chakras and how to guide students’ awareness of their subtle energy flows through breath-awareness and visualization. The many benefits of Ananda Yoga include deep relaxation, reduction of stress and the ability to connect deeply with the subtle energy body. Yoga teachers who want to give their students an experience of deeply unwinding and connecting with their spiritual essence will love this program.
– Mary Nipper
Although the program’s asanas are not overly demanding, you will be doing a lot of them and combined with a full schedule, it’s important to be prepared physically.
This is a professional-level online training, therefore you need to be an organized self-starter and able to make the time commitment outlined below. You need to be very comfortable with computers or mobile devices. Although not difficult, the course is delivered through an online platform course page and you will be participating in a virtual learning experience (zoom webinars, online discussion forums, creating and submitting video clips, etc).
You’re expected to participate online throughout the week at times convenient for you and you’re required to attend at least one live class (ideally the full-day on Saturday) each scheduled weekend. This means you’ll need to make time for approximately 9-12 hours of each week for which includes live and pre-recorded classes, self quizzes, video assignments, reading, practice time and participation in discussion forums.
Yes, you are expected to attend live classes on Saturdays (9 AM-12 PM and 2-5:30 PM PST) and Sundays (9 AM-12 PM PST). These are interactive sessions where you receive training and guidance from instructors, practice teaching what you’re learning with your classmates and experience being part of our supportive community.
We realize it may not be possible to attend all live classes therefore, you may watch the recorded version and complete the competency self-quiz before the next scheduled weekend. In order to receive your certificate of completion, you will be required to attend 75% of the live classes and watch all recorded versions of those missed.
- Required: Purchase The Art and Science of Raja Yoga by Swami Kriyananda, and get started on the pre-course reading assignments. Note: Even if you’re unable to complete the pre-program reading, you’re still welcome to attend, but the training will be much easier and beneficial for you if you do this reading in advance.
- We also recommend that you begin the process of setting up your “online studio” such as something as simple as a corner of your room with a yoga mat, props, good lighting and a stand for mobile device/laptop. More details with recommendations will be covered in the pre-course assignment and orientation.
- Mark your calendar: The course web page will open for enrollees 2 weeks prior (Jan. 1st) to the start date of the course, and we will send a notice to enrolled students at that time. Take this opportunity to complete the pre-course assignments and familiarize yourself with the site.
- Save the date: The course officially begins with a Zoom webinar on Thursday, January 14th (time TBD). This will be an opportunity to meet your instructors and introduce yourself to your classmates. We will review the requirements for certification, course guidelines and respond to any questions.
When filming yourself for special assignments, your device will need to have enough space to record a maximum of 30 minutes. You will also need to upload recordings to a video platform provided within the course or YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive. If you’re concerned about some of the technological elements of the course, or if you’ve never done an online course, used Zoom, or made a video and posted it online, you can still be successful in this course!
The course web page is easy to use, intuitive and offers many “how to” instructions to help you. The pre-course assignment includes a special video “tour of the course”. These days, everyone knows someone who can help them with such basic technological tasks as making videos and uploading them to the web. If you think you will need such help, we recommend that you find a helper early in the course, rather than waiting until an assignment is due. All in all, please know that many “tech-challenged” people have done very well in all of our online courses.
Be the change!
Apply now for Bridge to Ananda Yoga Online
Upcoming Dates: Jan. 14- Feb 21, 2021