Lessons in Meditation
Step 1 of 5 on the Path of Kriya Yoga
9 week online course co-taught by Brahmachari Jitendra, Nayaswami Maria, and Devalila Veenhof
Next Session Starts April 30, 2015 - Open for Enrollment Now!
"Without this online course and all the help and guidance I would still be where I was. I have had the book, Lessons in Meditation, for over four years and read it a couple of times but never put the techniques into practice by myself. By doing this week by week with you, one thing at a time, what a difference. Plus watching and participating in the online meditations was and is a blessing I can't even begin to describe. I'm going deeper and deeper into meditation. Thank all of you for doing this. You got me going on the right track." — David Pugh - recent graduate of Lessons in Meditation
Enroll in April 30th to July 2nd Session
Right from the start, you will learn a simple yet powerful technique of meditation as originally taught by Paramhansa Yogananda. It will help you to be focused and calm, and obtain direct experience of the divine realities within.
In addition, you will learn Paramhansa Yogananda’s “Energization Exercises”, a unique set of exercises that will give you better health, more energy, and an ability to direct the energy in the body at will.
This course is open to anyone who wishes to learn to meditate, regardless of religious or spiritual background. Whether or not you are a new to meditation, these lessons can help you establish and develop a deep, consistent practice and help awaken within the peace, joy and divine love that are a part of your true nature.
* You will have nine weeks to complete the seven lessons in this course. If you have extenuating circumstances, and are unable to complete the course in the given time frame, you may request a one time re-enrollment in the next session at no charge.
What you'll receive:
- textbook (pdf format)
- audio learning tracks (mp3 format)
- digital videos
- regular, live guided meditations and discussions online
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm and every Friday at 12:00 noon (Pacific Time)
- interactive forums for discussion with fellow students and instructor
- personal support from instructor (via email, telephone, or live chat)
- certificate of completion
The course consists of 7 lessons designed to help you create and maintain a consistent meditation practice.
Jitendra, Maria, and Devalila collectively have taught meditation to literally thousands of students. Brahmachari Jitendra is recently from Rhode Island where he lead a meditation group and taught meditation in diverse settings. Nayaswami Maria as been part of Ananda since 1976. She and her husband, Nayaswami Ananta, were the Ananda Center leaders in Sacramento for over 23 years. She has guided many souls on the path to Self-Realization. Devalila is an Ananda Meditation Teacher graduate and Yoga Instructor, as well as an Ananda Minister. All three instructors live at Ananda Village in Nevada City, CA.